County Waiver Services
EAA Home modifications/installations
This part of the EAA service covers installation, purchase, maintenance, labor, portable or permanent equipment, materials, devices, and systems that are integral to the home modification project.
Accessibility 101 understands the home modification process, and understands that case managers are not general contractors, field project managers, or DME experts. Accessibility 101 can manage and help navigate the home modification process for Minnesota’s Bi, CAC, CADI, DD, and EW waiver participants. As the objective experts, we take the guesswork and unknown surprises out of the home modification process.
- Home modification site visit to gather information, take measurements, pictures and highlighting the current areas of need.
- Create a report that includes current condition of the area/location as well as the proposed modifications needed for safety and access for the client.
- Create a Scope of Work complete with pictures and/or drawings for contractors to accurately give an “apples to apples” bid.
- Contact licensed, qualified contractors to bid on the proposed project.
- Review bids and ensure that the Scope of Work elements have all been addressed and the contractors are clear on the project objectives.
- Present the bids to the Case Manager and recommend the best contractor for the project.
- Pre-construction meeting with contractor and client to select all materials to be used and to discuss project timeline.
- Construction site visits during the construction phase to ensure that the project is on track with expectations.
- Final walk thru, client sign-off, and final contractor invoice.
Home modification examples:
- Ceiling Lifts
- Alarms & Monitoring Systems
- Roll-in Showers
- Walk-in Tubs
County Case Managers, please fill out our referral form to get started.
Please contact us at (612) 670-2928 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.